Defending the country is a job that requires passion, courage and intelligence. To check if you have the determination and the killing instinct in you to serve the country, you need to crack the Combined Defense Services Examination. This exam happens twice a year in February and November. Once you get through the exam you will get training in Indian Army/ Air Force/ Naval Academy. The eligibility criteria for the examination entails age limit between 10 to 25 years, a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from recognized university and unmarried.
A minimum of six months are required to prepare for the prestigious CDS examination. Since the next rounds are in February 2017, we have some valuable tips for the aspiring candidates. Let’s have a quick sneak peek to the tips and tricks for successful attempt at CDS examination 2017.
- Know Thy Syllabus: The CDS Examination tests the candidate’s English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. Even if you are confident about these subjects, it is essential to go through the actual syllabus to know what is included..Examine the CDS exam syllabus carefully and identify your strengths and weak areas in the entire syllabus. For instance, a candidate may be strong in Physics, average in English or naïve in Chemistry, such a candidate needs to strategies the study schedule in an exclusive manner to suit the exam requirements. A word of advice would comprise,” it is important to know what to study, but it more important to understand what not!”.
- Go Through Previous Years’ Question Papers: Contenders should be well versed with the pattern of questions. It is highly recommended to go through previous years’ question papers. Just browse through the questions to grasp the examiner’s expectation. Later, get the last 5 to 10 years question papers and solve them using a timer. It is not enough to just prepare for individual subjects but doing it in the allotted time matters as well. . One can enjoy unlimited access to topic wise questions across the largest question bank In youth4work database and assess performance vis-à-vis others for speed, accuracy and rankings. It’s sure to make your preparation rock solid and keep track of progress mandated for the final examination
- Study topic wise: English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics, all three subjects should be given equal attention every day. For English read newspapers, magazines on timely basis. Whenever, you come across new words, write them down, along with their meanings, synonyms and antonyms. Practice grammar, and refer to good grammar books. Listen to the news and know what is happening around you to perform well in the GK section. Invest in current affair books or magazines to know about the latest happenings around the world in every field. Know about famous people who has been in news recently. For Mathematics, write down the formula, theorems or hints to remember them clearly. ‘
- Join Study Groups: join online groups and forums that share similar aspirations as yours. Group discussions and conversation often bring out topics that you might have missed. talking to someone who has already cracked this exam will expand your horizons and boost your confidence. Take tips from them to know what they did right.
- Practice Is The Key: There is no shortcut to success. Solving test papers have just become a lot easier. Youth4work is one of the largest platforms for assessment and talent tests and it has over one million users now. They have taken prep tests to an altogether different level by making them available on both web and mobile. To put it in nutshell, you can access it just at the click of mouse or tap of a thumb.
There is no better way to crack the CDS exams than personalizing your prep!